Decided it was too cold for my normal hat, so needed another, warmer one.
This is a modified Super Easy Fall Hat by MUITA IHANIA.
I’ve made a chart and flipped the scallops so they are facing downward – a bit hard to see as my yarns aren’t that contrasting. I’ve also modified the depth of the hat, the decreases and added a thick folded ribbed band to keep my poor little freezing ears warm.
I am slowly but surely getting better with colourwork. This is my most even attempt so far, though I am still struggling a bit with holding my yarn and anchoring floats.
I finished the pom pom this morning before heading out and am in absolute love with it. I have been squeezing it all day!
It is the biggest I have ever made and satisfyingly pluffy and soft as it is out of a tiny left over bit of Natural Dye Studio Angel 70% Baby Alpaca/20% Silk/10% Cashmere from a scarf I made for my mother. It is gorgeously soft stuff. Look at that big boy!
(I made it even fluffier by combing out the plys.)
I wore it all day and finally have a hat that keeps my entire head warm. Almost TOO warm! Success.