She’s done. Another simple, pleasurable knit! I hadn’t realised how much time I was wasting on figuring out obscure details on ‘less clearly written patterns’ (shall we say?). Wow. Just over two weeks for this one as well, and I didn’t rush this time. What a difference well written instructions make! No frogging AT ALL.
I even took the time to add a few details that took ages (or felt like they did at the time!), like the tubular cast on and cast off I mentioned previously. What a lovely fat edge. It really is worth the time!
Though my kitchener stitch needs a bit of work for the cast off. You can see below it isn’t perfect. I got a bit of a weird roll in places, I think because my tension is screwy! (If anyone does know the actual reason, I’d love to hear it.)
Luckily it isn’t noticeable on when worn, so all is fine. As my partner said – it just makes it more original (ahem).
I also chilled out for a change and took my time sewing on the ribbon and reinforcing the buttonholes. I think this is the first time I didn’t rush it, annoyed with the process! What a change it made to the result. Much more even and …well, nice!
And the buttons really are a perfect fit. Yay!
I might be starting to say this at the end of every FO, but I think this might be my favourite cardi yet. The only wrinkle is that the yarn is a bit itchy. Little prickly bits against bare skin. I am hoping that little by little I will get desensitised to this yarn as well, and can then move to the next level in ‘real wool’! I’ll get my ‘big girl panties’ yet!
ps. I forgot to mention those shoulder cap modifications. As you can see from the shots above, the wider caps were successful – no ‘shrugging’ on the seam at all. (though the buttoned photo looks a little lumpy – but it was the shirt underneath, not the jumper! The seams sit smoothly above the shoulder).