Welcome to the temporary new look for the blog.
I wanted to finally get a right side bar so that I could add a new feature – my new Twitter feed! I have finally caved and joined the conversation, so if you have an account join me for a chat. It is a bit of a learning curve, so forgive my little faux-pas…I am still trying to work it all out!
I guess this is a bit of a soft launch for the new company name as well – Kettle Yarn Co.! I will be moving the blog over to my shop site eventually, when I finally find the right WordPress platform, so if anyone knows of any good ones, please let me know. I have been searching for months now!
On the knit front, I have been getting on with a million things and have been neglecting to post images of my finished Buttercup. To be honest, I am a little underwhelmed with it after all the ribbing troubles, and still not completely pleased with how the ribbing looks or feels. This has nothing to do with the pattern which was clearly written and easy – the fault was all in my own mods and the superwash BFL I used, which is just a little too limp/lifeless in the end. I suspect a coated superwash process is used on this base, and I definitely won’t be carrying it!
Definitely still the weakest link, and still looks a mess. sigh.
Hey ho. Onwards and upwards, as they say.